*CURRENT OPENINGS * – Mon. – Thurs., days/evening – hybrid online & in person schedule– Direct scheduling info below
Brianna is an Intern in Counseling pursuing her M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Wake Forest University. She also received her B.S. in Psychology from Fayetteville State University. Brianna currently also works as an Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Clinician with Compass Youth and Family Services.
Clinical Focus Areas and Counseling Approaches
Brianna provides both in-person and online counseling at Free Spirit and works with individuals aged 16 and up, couples and families. She works with clients seeking support for issues including but not limited to: Depression, Anxiety, trauma, grief/loss, self-esteem, boundaries, autism, and ADD/ADHD. She is always excited to learn about how to best support new problems. She tailors her counseling approach from a base of person-centered therapy, combined with elements of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
From Brianna’s point of view: “I believe that mental health, though discussed and seen more often now, is still often neglected. I want to be a force that can help others acknowledge, accept, and learn more about their mental health. As a Black American woman who graduated from an HBCU, I’m also passionate about creating a safe, collaborative, and therapeutic space for other Black Americans and minorities from a relatable perspective. I’m dedicated to helping everyone live their best, healthiest lives.”
Brianna began working as an in-home ABA clinician for individuals under 21 in 2019. She sees clients with a wide range of backgrounds. She often supports clients with conditions on the autism spectrum, as well as other conditions such as ADD/ADHD. She translates this experience into energized and positive therapeutic connections with her clients in the private practice setting.
Fun Facts About Brianna
- Brianna grew up in Fort Bragg/Fayetteville, NC and moved to Hampton Roads in 2019. She grew up with a cat where she learned to love them and now currently owns her own cat.
- She loves to travel, and enjoys engaging in new experiences, especially with friends and family.
- She also loves finding new shows, baking, playing video games, and discovering creative outlets.
- Her favorite color is black, followed by pink and purple.
- Her favorite music artists are The Weeknd and Lil Wayne. She enjoys R&B and Hip Hop music, plus also some rock, pop, and jazz music.
- The background you see in Brianna’s photo is from our office “The Wish” here at Free Spirit.