Kacey is completing her practicum in counseling and her M.S. Ed. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Old Dominion University, where she also earned a B.S. in Political Science. She has a passion to help clients express themselves, to explore, and to feel empowered on their journeys of healing, wellness, growth, and fulfillment.
Clinical Focus Areas and Counseling Approach
Kacey provides both online and in person counseling to individuals ages 6 and up, along with couples and families. She works with clients seeking support for life adjustments, spirituality, holistic health and wellness lifestyle building, stress reduction, depression, anxiety, anger, trauma, PTSD, ADHD, and/or grief and loss. She works from a foundation of person-centered therapy, combined with elements of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Positive Psychotherapy, and expressive arts.
According to Kacey, “I believe counseling is a safe space for you to reach deeper levels of self-awareness — tapping into your inner guidance, strengths, resources, and values — and to live from your most authentic being. I envision the therapeutic work to be an organic, unfolding process of healing, transformation, and growth, however that looks for you as an individual. You are the expert on you and your life. It’s truly an honor to work collaboratively alongside you on your journey.”
Kacey spent several years working in church ministry, which gave her the opportunity to help others in numerous capacities. She has participated in different social justice efforts and events for racial, gender, refugee/immigrant, and environmental issues. For a few years, she also served as a volunteer leader for Celebrate Recovery.
Fun Facts About Kacey
- Kacey enjoys spending time with family and friends as well as reading, drawing, painting, going to museums, seeing live music, biking, walking, being outdoors, and traveling.
- She loves cats…and dogs, wearing fuzzy socks, drinking good coffee and eating international cuisine.
- She is a lover of languages, and currently is learning Spanish.
- Her favorite colors are dark teal, mint green, salmon pink, and red.
- Her favorite musical artists are Coldplay, Incubus, Radiohead, Bob Marley, Mercy Me, Jeremy Camp, and Hillsong Worship.
- The background you see in Kacey’s photo is from “The Field” here at Free Spirit.