Leanne is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Virginia. She graduated in 2019 with an M.S.Ed in Mental Health Counseling from Old Dominion University. She received her B.S. in Psychology from Pennsylvania State University in 2016.
Clinical Focus Areas and Counseling Approaches
Leanne works online only with individuals, age 13 and up, couples, and families. She supports clients seeking assistance with areas such as: life transitions, stress management, anxiety disorders, depression, trauma, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, adolescent and young adult life, relationship issues, family life issues, and military life. Leanne blends Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Strengths Based, Solution Focused, and Person Centered Therapy in her work with clients.
According to Leanne, “Therapy is a chance to explore your personal path from difficult places that can feel dark into the light of hope and healing. You can learn ways to overcome what holds you back and discover your strengths to map your path to fulfillment. As your therapist, I will walk alongside you, supporting you and motivating you every step of the way.”
Leanne brings over 4 years of experience in the mental health field, working with a variety of populations in a wide range of settings including private practice, general hospital, Substance Use Treatment Center, and a Residential Behavioral Health Center for children and teenagers.
Fun Facts About Leanne
- Leanne truly loves animals. She currently has two dachshunds and a cat, but in the past she had 6 guinea pigs and freshwater fish.
- She also loves doing guided paint nights with her husband and will never turn down an opportunity to eat macaroni and cheese or hibachi.
- She grew up in Pennsylvania and has been here for four years.
- Her favorite color is orange.
- Her favorite music artists are Dan + Shay, Machine Gun Kelly, and Chris Stapleton.