Melissa is a Resident in Counseling and completed the M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling programs at Regent University in Virginia Beach. She also currently serves as a school counselor at a local high school.
Clinical Focus Areas and Counseling Approaches
Melissa works with both individuals from age 12 and up and families. She assists clients with: Behavioral Issues, Life Transitions, Learning Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Peer Relationships, Parenting, Pregnancy/Post-partum, Anxiety, Depression, Career Counseling, School-related concern, Self-Esteem, Family Conflict, and College Transition. She utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Solution-Focused Therapy blended with other styles to support clients with their healing process.
Prior to her school placement, Melissa worked on completing residency hours in a private practice setting. She conducted individual counseling and helped administer educational and psychological testing and diagnostics. Prior to working in the high school environment, she also worked in alternative and middle school settings.
Fun Facts about Melissa
- Melissa loves spending time with her husband and her three sons.
- She enjoys the excitement of sitting on the sidelines and cheering on her favorite players.
- When the weather allows, she also enjoys the calm of the local waters or sitting by a fire.
- Her favorite color is green.
- Her favorite music group is The Temptations.