Contact information below if you would like to be added to Rachel’s waiting list.
Rachel is an Intern in Counseling pursuing her M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Regent University, where she also received her B.S. in Psychology.
Clinical Focus Areas and Counseling Approaches
Rachel provides in-person and online counseling at Free Spirit for individuals aged 6 and up. She works with clients seeking support for depression, anxiety, trauma, grief/loss, adjustment issues and has a deep passion for working with children. Her counseling style combines elements of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Narrative Therapy, and creative techniques, supported by an overall trauma-informed and client-centered approach.
From Rachel’s perspective: “The relationship developed in counseling provides a safe space to process your thoughts, emotions, and a wide variety of life circumstances. I believe you are the expert on you and powerfully able to craft mindsets and habits that create your best life. I strive to maintain cultural awareness and a hope focused, strengths-based approach. I will supportively walk alongside you as you discover new tools for empowerment, inspired motivation, and wellness in all areas of your life.”
Rachel brings critical experience in childcare and early childhood education to her work with clients. This background equips her to deeply understand the impact of early life on individual well-being. From this, she developed a passion for working with children and their families. In addition, she also led and co-led several support groups at a domestic violence shelter for women and children.
Fun Facts About Rachel
- Rachel enjoys singing, reading, thrift store shopping, finding new coffee shops and places to eat, and visiting with family and friends.
- She loves to travel and enjoys engaging in new experiences.
- Her favorite colors are light pink and lavender.
- Her favorite music artists include Adele, Ed Sheeran, and a variety of worship and Disney artists.
- The background you see in Rachel’s photo is from our office “The Field” here at Free Spirit.