Sarah is completing her Internship in Counseling and her M.A. in Professional Counseling from Capella University. She also received her B.S. in Psychology Pre-Counseling at Capella University. She has a passion for supportively meeting people exactly where they are and helping them transform challenges into next level growth and self-discovery.
Clinical Focus Areas and Counseling Approach
Sarah offers in-person and online counseling at Free Spirit for individuals ages 10 and up, along with couples and families. She works with those seeking support for relationship issues, anxiety, depression, trauma, self-esteem, and ADHD. Her approach combines a base of person-centered therapy, with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), positive psychotherapy, and solution-focused therapy. In addition, if requested by clients, she can provide Christian counseling.
According to Sarah, “I firmly believe you are the person who knows what is best for you. With this, having someone you can trust alongside you can unlock new levels of overcoming life’s obstacles. I focus on creating a safe, respectful, and caring connection in sessions to support your process of self-discovery. We can explore together ways to overcome challenges you may be facing and how these can actually help you grow stronger and flourish. I see life as a journey, not just a destination, and it is truly an honor to support you on your path to fulfillment.”
Sarah has worked with children and adolescents in various environments for many years. She served as a leader in an effective youth ministry that guided adolescents and their families in their understanding of themselves and their faith. She has also facilitated small groups for military families, helping them find support and community during deployments and everyday life. As a military spouse and parent, she has firsthand, personal experience of the difficulties and adventures that military life can bring. These rich and varied experiences showed her the importance of safe and trustworthy social support, which in turn led her to the counseling profession.
Fun Facts About Sarah
- Sarah views family as extremely important, so all her favorite things to do always include family time.
- She enjoys adventures such as rope courses, zip lining, hiking, or playing on the lake.
- She also has an introverted side that loves time alone where she reads, puzzles, or watches movies.
- Her favorite colors is is purple, but not bright purple, more like a pure deep purple.
- Her favorite musical artists are Lauren Daigle, Patty Griffin, and Chris Stapleton.
- The background you see in Sarah’s photo is from “The Wish” here at Free Spirit.